Agenda for November 7, 2016
Call to order
Approval of Minutes
October 3, 2016 Minutes
President's Report: Senator Benson
- Jonathan Sikora - Turning Point Technology Training (for Senate Attendance & Voting)
(Referral link from October: Registration Information)
- Betina Gardner - Learning Management System (LMS) Evaluation Update
- Sheila Pressley (FAR) and Monika Banbel - Athletics Update
(Referral links from October - Athletics Presentation & Athletics Data)
- Academic Budget Review Sub-Committee (Action Items)
(SEE: Article on Presentations | Program Review FAQs | Program Data Sheets)
- Horticulture B.S.
- Horticulture Minor
- Comparative Humanities B.A.
- Humanities Minor
- French B.A.
- French Teaching B.A.
- French Minor
- Geography B.A.
- Geography Minor
- Journalism B.A.
- Journalism Minor
- MBA Concentration in Accounting - NOTE: The Department supports the suspension of this program.
- MBA Concentration in Integrated Communication - NOTE: The Department supports the suspension of this program.
- Religion Minor
Applied Ethics Minor(was withdrawn at CAA and is being withdrawn at Faculty Senate)
- Science for Engineering A.A.S. - NOTE: The Department supports the suspension of this program.
- Technical Writing Concentration in English B.A.
- Theatre Concentration in English B.A.
- Theatre Teaching Concentration in English Teaching B.A.
- Theatre Minor
- Social Intelligence & Leadership Studies Minor
- Faculty Dismissal Committee Recommendations (Action Item)
- Provost Search Committee Update - Senator Corley
- Election of Members to Board of Governors - 5 Vacancies
- Report from Council on Academic Affairs - Vice Provost Robinson
(See separate PDF file for the curriculum forms - 15 pages)
- Other (if any)
Report Overview & Questions:
- Executive Committee Report: Senator O'Brien
[Workload Reassigned Time Report] [Benson Thank You]
- Faculty Regent: Senator Day
- COSFL Representative: Senator Kopacz
- Provost: Senator Vice
[eXplorance Blue Materials] [ERTP Deadlines]
- Student Government Association: Collin Potter
- Academic Quality Committee: Senator Howell, Chair
- Budget Committee: Senators Eser & Fitch, Co-Chairs
(Resolution on Budgeting Priorities at EKU)
- Elections & University Nominations Committee: Senator Mason, Chair
- Information Technology Committee: Senators Baggett & Smith, Co-Chairs
- Rights & Responsibilities Committee: Senators Fitch & Mason, Co-Chairs
- Rules Committee: Senators Skubik-Peplaski & Turner, Co-Chairs
(Motion 1 - Alternates & Motion 2 - faculty-at-large procedures)
- Welfare Committee: Senators Mullaney & Zhang, Co-Chairs
Ad Hoc Committees:
- Athletics and Academics: Senator Carpenter, Chair
(referral links for: May report & Presentation Slides to Senate)
- Legislative Forum, Senator G. Hunter, Chair
- Senate Transparency: Senator Givens, Chair
- Ombuds Search Committee
The EKU Faculty Senate is a public body and citizens are welcome to attend our meetings on the second floor of the Keen Johnson Building at 3:30 p.m. Meeting dates and agenda items are available on the Faculty Senate web site at: http://facultysenate.eku.edu.
(click here to download agenda & attachments as a PDF file to view and print)
Information on the PDF file will include the following items:
- Printable Agenda for November 7, 2016
- October 3, 2016 Minutes & online voting tabulations
- President's Report
- Academic Program Review data sheets
- Memo on Faculty Dismissal Committee Recommendations
- CAA Agenda
- Committee Reports (if available)
You will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader's free plug-in installed on your computer in order to view and print a hard copy of the attachments.