Minutes for May 4, 2015 (Organizational Meeting)
The Faculty Senate of Eastern Kentucky University met on Monday, May 4, 2015, in the South Ballroom of the Keen Johnson Building. Senator Day called the organizational meeting of the academic year to order at approximately 5:30 p.m.
The following members were absent: D. Embury*^, T. Huffman*, D. Miller*, B. Ruhfel*, T. Spigelman*^, B. Stinnett*, D. Travis*
* Indicates prior notification of absence
^ SUB Jennifer Christensen attended for D. Embury
^ ALT Joel Cormier attended for T. Spigelman
Senate Chair Election. Senator Day was elected to serve as chair for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Senate Vice-Chair Election. Senator O'Brien was elected to serve as vice chair for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Elections & University Nominations Committee (4 vacancies)
Senators Irvin, Marshall, Mason, and Reed were elected.
- Academic Quality Committee (2 vacancies)
Senators Creech and Polin were elected.
- Budget Committee (1 vacancy)
Senator Swain was elected.
- Executive Committee (5 vacancies)
Senators Ciocca, Elliott, Hale, Kopacz and Slusher were elected.
- Rights and Responsibilities Committee (2 vacancies)
Senators Powell and Zhuang were elected.
- Information Technology Committee (3 vacancies)
Senators Hoose, S. Hunter, and Robinson were elected.
- Rules Committee (2 vacancies)
Senators Martin and Ricketts were elected.
- Welfare Committee (2 vacancies)
Senators Eliassen and Fair were elected.
- COSFL (1 rep & 2 alternates needed)
Senators Givens, Howell, and Kopacz were nominated. Senator Kopacz was elected to serve as the COSFL representative, with Senators Howell and Givens elected to serve as alternates.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 6:30 p.m.
click here for printable version of minutes
You will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in installed on your computer in order to view and print a hard copy of the minutes.